BCC Student Accommodation Infrastructure Charges Reduction
In 2014 Brisbane City Council (BCC) announced the ‘Brisbane City Council – Applied Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 4)’ which offered reduced infrastructure charges for student accommodation developments that met a number of requirements.
We get a lot of questions about the reduced infrastructure charges at Hive and so have put together the below guide to help.
The Infrastructure Charges and Council Contribution Reduction may be for you if you meet the following;
- Your development must
- Be managed by a bona fide and experienced student accommodation provider such as Hive Student Accommodation
- Be located on a site that supports medium or high density development under the existing city plan
- Be located within four kilometers of the city General Post Office
- Contain a minimum of 20 bedrooms
- D.A must be submitted prior to 30 June 2017
- Construction must commence by 30 June 2018
- The Development must be operational by 30 June 2019
- How much will I save?
- For a one bedroom unit, combined infrastructure charges for Council and QUU (Queensland Urban Utilities) are reduced from about $18,000 to $4560, a saving of $13,440 per unit.
The above article is intended as a guide only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional town planning or development advice. For the final word on the infrastructure charges reduction please contact council.